Cacao and Oat Cookies
Makes: about 10
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 12 mins
- chia seed “egg” – 1 tbsp chia seeds, 2.5 tbsp water
- 100g plain flour
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 80g porridge oats
- 50g light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- handful chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160°C then make the chia “egg” by combining 1 tbsp chia seeds and 2.5 tbsp water in a large mixing bowl then put in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil then add all the remaining ingredients up to vanilla bean paste into the mixing bowl with the chia seeds.
- Mix together thoroughly with a fork then add the chocolate chips.
- Grease a large baking tray then drop the mixture onto the baking tray – each cookie should be 1-2 tablespoons – flatten slightly. They don’t expand too much so just make sure there is a small gap between each cookie.
- Bake for around 12 minutes, they should still be very soft when you take them out the oven as they will continue to cook a little.