Sweet Smokey Lentils with Baked Sweet Potatoes
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 200g green lentils
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Scrub the potatoes clean then place on a baking tray and rub with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- In a small pan with a lid, bring water to boil. Add lentils then reduce to a simmer and cook for around 20 minutes (until tender).
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot heat the coconut oil before adding the chopped onion.
- When the onion is translucent add the crushed garlic, balsamic vinegar, agave syrup and soy sauce. Cook on low heat for a further 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the oregano, smoked paprika, chilli powder, carrots and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- Lastly, drain the lentils and add them to the pot then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take the sweet potatoes out the oven and cut them in half length-ways and serve with the lentil and veg on top with freshly chopped coriander.