Makes: 4 pizzas
Prep: 15 mins
Prove: 1 hour
Cook: 25 mins
- 250ml beer
- 400g flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 250ml passata
- sea salt and pepper
+ pizza toppings of your choice: mushrooms, peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, vegan cheese, spinach, capers, olives etc!
- Put the flour and sea salt in a large mixing bowl then add the beer and mix together.
- On a lightly floured surface knead the dough for 5-10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Leave to prove for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized frying pan heat the olive oil on low heat then add the crushed garlic.
- After 1 minute add the vinegar, sugar, dried herbs and paprika.
- Add the passata, stir well and leave to gently simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add sea salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- When the dough has risen, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and punch the air out. Cut into 4 equal size pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball and roll into a circle using a rolling pin OR work it with your hands on the surface into a circle before pulling the edges out and making a nice crust (this is the best way)!
- Transfer the pizza onto a lightly oiled pizza tray then add the sauce and whichever toppings you like the most.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- As this makes 4 pizzas, if you have leftover dough you can make other things: breadsticks, cinnamon rolls (recipe coming soon), bread rolls, garlic bread.
- Or you could tightly clingfilm the dough and freeze for another day.